Head: Ms. Buyiswa Ntloko
Telephone: 039 737 8123
Future Spatial Planning (Review of spatial development framework, development of precinct plans, surveying and planning of municipal land for future developments.
Land Use Management (enforcement of Town Planning Scheme)
Policy Formulation (development of municipal policies and by-laws)
- Land Administration
Municipal land management (processing of land lease and sale applications for disposal)
Monitoring of land invasions and encroachments to municipal land Review of policies
- Co-ordination Commercial Advertising Signage process
Monitoring of illegal outdoor advertising/signage
Processing of outdoor advertising/signage applications
A holistic developmental orientated unit that complements the Municipality.
To provide support to issues relating to development planning and ensure that the vision, mission and objectives of the municipality regarding development planning are achieved.
- To formulate and review spatial and development plans within the context of the IDP timeframe
- To formulate and review development planning policies and by-laws.
- To manage and facilitate new land development within the municipality.
- To provide enhancement to development strategies through proper enforcement of relevant legislation, policies and by-laws.
- To ensure a safe built environment for the community (town planning).
- Openness and Transparency
- Access to information
- Value for money